From the Bugera Website —
The supernatural power of the 85-Watt BUGERA MAGICIAN is built to satisfy even the most discerning tone chaser. Its unbelievable array of tonal options will take you on a tonal tour of the greatest amplifier personalities to ever emerge from the Sunshine State. With three channels, multiple class modes (Class-A or combined Class A/AB), variable maximum power, switchable triode/pentode operation and a multitude of EQ controls, the MAGICIAN is too many amps to count – all in one!
It all starts with a three-channel preamp design (Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2, Lead) featuring 4 x 12AX7 valves, producing everything from vintage clean to killer crunch. On the back panel, flick a switch to select PENTODE for a clear, powerful punch or TRIODE for a classic, mellow sound. Next, select either CLASS A mode for a bright, chiming tone that pushes easily into overdrive, or MULTI-CLASS mode to combine the Class A sound with the tight, punchy tone of Class AB amplifiers.
Finally, because it usually takes obscene amounts of volume to send power valves into overdrive, the MAGICIAN features a Varipower knob. This allows you to access the sweet sound of this amp’s four 6L6 power valves in overdrive, at a volume that won’t destroy microphones, the windows of your home, or your neighbors’ eardrums. Of course, if you need to get loud, the MAGICIAN is always willing and able.
The MAGICIAN’s vast EQ controls puts your signature tone well within reach. All three channels feature a three-band EQ (bass, mid, treble), and individual PRESENCE controls to adjust high-end clarity. Meanwhile, a multitude of switches give you access to countless tones: PHAT adds mid-range thickness to the RHYTHM 2 and LEAD channels, SHIFT affects the feedback loop and midrange sound of the RHYTHM 2 and LEAD channels, and the BRIGHT switch adds additional brilliance to the LEAD channel. A 5-band graphic equalizer rounds out all these tone-shaping options.
Your favorite stomp boxes will integrate seamlessly with the MAGICIAN via the built-in effects loop. This feature’s on/off status can be stored for each channel and recalled each time the channel is activated. And of course, we didn’t forget to include onboard digital reverb. To further enhance performance, the MAGICIAN comes with a six-button BUGERA FSB106 foot controller for remote on/off switching of REVERB, FX LOOP and GRAPHIC EQ, as well as switching between the three preamp channels— which is even possible through the onboard MIDI input.
The MAGICIAN comes loaded with a Neo-Vintage 12? BUGERA speaker, handmade in the same factory as the amplifier. This tight transducer provides the tone character of vintage Alnico speakers and an incredible high sensitivity at a mere fraction of the typical guitar speaker’s weight. But there are several ways to route the signal whether you’re out rocking the clubs or recording in the studio. The SLAVE DI output sends a signal out to additional amplifiers or other processors, and its LEVEL knob controls the output signal. A RECORDING output sends a conditioned signal directly to a recording console, and also features a LEVEL knob for controlling the output signal volume.
When the bold, ballsy sound of California meets the chime of merry old England, it’s a glorious sound that used to require at least two amplifiers. But the miracle-working BUGERA MAGICIAN gives you the best of both worlds and more. Its vast array of tone-shaping features give you access to a sound every bit as unique as your playing style, at a price that will leave you with enough gas money to get you and your MAGICIAN to the next dozen gigs. Check out this supernatural new addition to the family at your nearest BUGERA dealer. How much is it? Check for price. We can’t wait to get our hands on one of these for a full hands-on review!
- Hand-built 85-Watt guitar combo driven by 4 x 6L6 valves
- Original 12? BUGERA Neo-Vintage speaker for true vintage sound, high sensitivity and light weight
- 3-channel preamp design (Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2, Lead) featuring 4 x 12AX7 valves—everything from purring blues to mind-blowing crunch
- Multi-Class mode features either Class-A or combined Class-A/AB, blending Class-A purity with the raw power punch of Pentode Class-AB
- Varipower control allows the maximum power to be scaled down to produce a cranked amp sound at much lower volumes
- Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control
- Dedicated Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence and Volume controls per channel for awesome sound shaping
- Multi-gain stage Lead channel with voicing switch (Mid Gain/Sparkle)
- Assignable 5-band graphic EQ for ultimate sound shaping
- Manual or auto-assignable FX Loop with independent Send and Return level controls
- Compensated recording output with switchable Recording Mute function plus Line output with dedicated Level control
- Multi-impedance output connectors (4 and 8 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
- External Switching connectors for channel selection, Reverb, Graphic EQ and FX Loop for remote applications
- Heavy-duty 6-button footswitch for channel selection, Graphic EQ, Reverb and FX Loop function included–doubles as MIDI IN / THRU for complete MIDI remote switching
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life