NAMM 2009 – Picture this: tube amp, 37 pounds, 300-watt, extremely versatile, and what do you get? The all new Peavey VB-3 all tube bass amplifier. This incredible amp gives you total control over EQ and gain structure.
The dual-channel Peavey VB-3 bass amplifier combines three 12AX7 and two 12AT7 preamp tubes with a matched octet of EL34 powertubes that give players tons of characteristic all-tube-tone with extraordinarily tight response for an all-tube amplifier. An innovative, world-compatible switch-mode power supply and advanced design provide stadium levels of tone and power in an extremely lightweight (37 lb.) tube amplifier head.
The combination of the three 12Ax7 and two 12AT7 preamp makes up the dual channel Peavey VB-3 bass amplifier. Backing up the amplifier’s natural tube tone is a three-band vintage-style active/mid-cut EQ that blend traditional low and high tone controls with a mid control that features a four-position midrange selector switch, this allows players to set the mid-frequency at 200, 450, 600 or 800Hz. Combined with the nine-band, constant-Q graphic equalizer—spaced at optimized frequencies, with each slider providing 15dB of cut and boost—the Peavey VB-3 allows for virtually any EQ curve imaginable.
In addition to the aforementioned features, the VB-3 also features an all-tube optical compressor that uses a unique “feed-forward” design, this is positioned between the two EQ sections to help control extreme settings and allows full use of the graphic EQ. The compressor is highly sensitive and activated from the first tube stage so it can produce a wide array of compression. The amp’s master volume controls the overall output, while the “Clean” channel has an independent volume control and the “Overdrive” channel has a separate overdrive gain control.
Peavey’s patented “Resonance” and “Presence” controls, which adjust the damping factor at the low and high ends, respectively, along with a three-way speaker impedance selector, allow players to match the VB-3 to virtually any bass speaker enclosure. “Resonance” and “Presence” are also useful in dialing in tones for particular styles, including “tight” sounds that are not generally associated with tube amplifiers.
Voiced to match the VB-3 tube bass amplifier, the new VB-810 bass enclosure features eight custom-designed 10-inch ceramic-magnet loudspeakers paired into four tone chambers, and can be operated in stereo or mono modes with 800-watts power handling.
The Peavey VB-3 will be available in Q1 2009 and the VB-810 will be available in Q2 2009 from authorized Peavey retailers.
VB-3 Tube Bass Head
- 300 watts RMS into 8, 4 or 2 ohms
- Total weight of just 37 lbs.
- Matched octet of EL34 power tubes
- 3 x 12AX7 and 2 x 12AT7 preamp tubes
- Internal rebiasing switch for using 6L6GC tubes
- Universal switching power supply allows use worldwide
- Dual channel: Volume/Overdrive/Low/Mid/Shift/High/Master
- LED indicators for active Volume or Overdrive control (footswitchable)
- Bright and Low Cut switches
- Tube compressor w/level control, defeat switch and LED (footswitchable)
- Constant-Q 9-band graphic EQ w/defeat switch and LED (footswitchable)
- Master volume
- Master Resonance and Presence controls for frequency-selective speaker damping
- Effects Loop
- Neutrik Speakon Combination Jack outputs
- Balanced XLR output pre/post EQ
- Preamp output and power amp input
- Footswitchable mute for tuning on stage
- Tuner output
- LED-lighted Peavey logo with dimmer control
- Made in U.S.A.
- MSRP $2499.99
VB-810 Bass Enclosure
- 800-watts RMS power handling
- Eight custom-designed 10″ ceramic-magnet loudspeakers
- Four individual 2×10 chambers
- Switchless stereo or mono operation
- Heavy-duty hardware
- Durable bedliner covering and black grille cloth
- Made in U.S.A.
- MSRP $1049.99
For more information, please visit Peavey’s official website at www.peavey.com.