Musikmesse 2009 – Electro-Harmonix announces the release of the classic FET (Field Effect Transistor) White Finger compressor in a small, rugged XO die-cast chassis. The XO White Finger allows for easy fit for your pedal board or rig set-up.
How it works
The XO White Finger treats an incoming signal with an optically controlled attenuator (volume control) comprised of a fixed resistor and a “shunt opto-coupled photocell”. Because the attenuator is passive, opposed to the more common active AGC (Automatic Gain Control) compressor circuits, the White Finger doesn’t add an electronic signature to the signal’ this preserving the character and tone of the original sound.
The original Black Finger vacuum tube compressor was released in 2003, and quickly became the standard for quality optical compression for players. The XO White Finger uses the same optical technology but utilizes a Field Effect Transistor in place of vacuum tubes. It produces warm and articulate compression that is perfectly suitable for guitar, bass and recording.
XO White Finger Specs:
- LED opto-coupler for a faster attack compression
- Lamp opto-coupler for softer blooming compressor
- Quiet long sustains with transparent tones
- Pre-gain control lets you control how hard your instrument hits the compressor
- Sensitivity knob for control of how the compression will be hit
- Compression amount allows you to dial in the perfect ratio for your music
- Same compression theory as our professional NY-2A but uses FETs instead of tubes
- 40DC-100 power supply included
Release date: April, 2009
Visit EHX.com for additional information.