NAMM 2011: Peavey TransTube Special 212 Guitar Amp
January 13, 2011 by Charlie
NAMM 2011 — In 1995, Peavey Electronics revolutionized the guitar amplifier industry with its patented TransTube technology. Peavey had unlocked the secret of realistic tube emulation, spawning one of the most successful solid-state guitar amplifier series in history: the Peavey TransTube Series.
Today, the Peavey TransTube circuitry is still the pinnacle of tube emulation technology, powering the screaming distortion of Peavey’s award winning Vypyr line of modelling amplifiers and the new addition to the enduring TransTube amplifier line, the Peavey Special 212 combo.
The Peavey Special 212 features an all-new 100-watt TransTube output power section, on-board reverb and analogue chorus, effects loop, and 2×12 Peavey Blue Marvel loudspeakers.
The Special 212 boasts two channels, a Clean channel with 3-band EQ plus Presence control and a Lead channel with 3-band EQ and gain control with footswitchable boost, plus mid scoop and master volume. The Special 212 also features analogue chorus with depth and rate controls and versatile spring reverb. Combine these features with Peavey’s gold-standard reliability, and the Peavey TransTube Special 212 is a must-have amplifier.
Peavey TransTube Special 212 Features
- 100-watt TransTube output section
- 2×12 Peavey Blue Marvel loudspeakers
- 2 channels (Clean and Lead)
- Analog Chorus with Depth and Rate Controls
- Effects loop
- Spring Reverb
- Clean channel features 3-band EQ plus a Presence control
- Lead channel features 3-band EQ, Gain control with Boost, Mid scoop and master volume
- Footswitch jack for global effects defeat, boost and channel switching
Peavey TransTube Special 212 Guitar Amp